Tuesday, June 3, 2008
This Is Not A Typo: Sex In The City Review
So...well...ummmm...I went to see the Sex In The City movie last night. Yep. Yessir. Uh huh. And...ummm...I actually liked it. Pause. Ayo. But ummm...lemme explain myself before I lose all my male readers.

As state in a previous blog, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Similar to when I went to see other movies I didn't particularly care for (I Am Legend, Pirates...Caribbean etc). I did my due dilligence on all the characters beforehand. SJP vs Big. The Old Head Nympho. The weirdo looking real life lesbian. And the super perky serial jogger.

The theater on 11th and 3rd Avenue was filled with latte sipping, Chanel clutching packs of Carrie groupies ready to fight/kill/stab/shoot/steal/die over their mid row seats. Definitely proud to say I was the straightest man there...by far.

The movie played like one long SITC episode. It felt like one of those TV end specials rather then a movie. There was no real surprises the whole way. But that doesn't mean it wasn't entertaining. Favorite parts is the coloring conversation.


The only thing I didn't like was Jennifer Hudson's sambo Auntie Jemima character "Louise".
jemShe had rented luxury bags, just fresh from the most southern hood, lives in a slaveship apartment with 3 other people and spends all her money trying to look good and find love. I gringed everytime she appeared on screen. "Louise" is the only representation we had and her character set us back 15 years. I would've rather a total white out. "My very own Louis Vuitton bag". GTFOH!!!!.

Overall though the experience wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. So don't cry too much if your girl/wifey/jumpoff/bust it baby/hoodrat drags you to go see this movie. Just remember to look away at that last Samantha LA beach shower scene. And tehe lesbo sex scene. PAUSE x Million!


Rating: B-


*edited out all spoilers

Labels:

posted by Sickamore @ 4:44 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At Jun 3, 2008, 5:34:00 PM, Blogger Troy Paraiso said…

    COLORING WAS A GOOD SCENE.

    AND WHEN THE SEX CRAZED 50 YEAR OLD SAID, "I'M EATING EVERYTHING, BUT DONTES D**K.", SON I ALMOST FELL OUT MY CHAIR !!

    LMAOOO.

    SICK, YOU'RE GOING IN TOO HARD ON THE "SETTING US BACK 15 YEARS" SHIT.

    NOT THAT SERIOUS, HONESTLY.

     
  • At Jun 3, 2008, 6:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "My very own Louis Vuitton bag"???


    Lol No she didn't! Come on now. That's some b.s

    Maybe I read it wrong

     
  • At Jun 3, 2008, 8:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kudos to the girl that got you to see this!

     
  • At Jun 4, 2008, 1:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i dont remember a lesbo scene at alllll where we watchin the same movie? But i agree on jenn hudson character, had no point whatsover but i think u ment "cringed" lol

     
  • At Jun 4, 2008, 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We all like to COLOR!!!!

     
  • At Jun 4, 2008, 1:58:00 PM, Blogger Ms Porcelain said…

    Okay if you say it's watchable then I'll give it a try. I dont care much for these fashionista movies.

     
  • At Jun 4, 2008, 5:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i cringed every single time jennie h. talked!!!! BOOOOOO!!!!

     
  • At Jun 5, 2008, 11:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe both the show and film are called Sex AND The City. Common mistake.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Sickamore
Home: Broooooooooklyn, New York, United States
About Me: 23 Year Old Talent Manager + Ageist. Runs ThankGodImFamous, GoOldHead and The Famous Firm. Overall sarcastic yet nice guy
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Famous Friends


Delivered by FeedBurner







eXTReMe Tracker