Sunday, June 1, 2008
If Oprah's Jordan, She's Kobe
Photobucket

Laura who? I'm switching again to the $75 Million dollar woman. I've been telling my sister she's Scarface to Oprah's Sosa. Jigga to Wayne. Kobe to MJ. Here's some excerpts:

While about half of the viewers that Oprah attracts are 50 and older, 65 percent of Banks’s are under 50, and she especially embraces and influences a particular sector — young girls from high school to age 34.


“I have always felt 19,” Banks went on to say. “It’s a little embarrassing, but I can easily put myself in the mind of a teenager. And I know what they think about, how they feel. Teenagers don’t like when you preach to them, but if you surround the medicine with a little bit of candy, they’ll listen. And then they’ll learn something.”-Tyra

“Of course I know what a supermodel looks like,” Banks said, “but I also know that a show filled with 13 girls that have the right look and no personality is not going to be relatable or watched. I’m more interested in fighting for the racial mix of the cast. Dark-skinned black girls are usually not famous — if you think of black girls, it’s light-skinned girls like me or Beyoncé or Halle Berry. When I’m casting a dark-skinned black girl on ‘Top Model,’ I’m sending a message to the little girl watching at home that she is beautiful.”

I want power,” she said. “The power to make change. I have never been interested in being ‘hot’ or ‘cool.’ I’m not interested in walking down a bunch of red carpets, dating someone famous, being in a big movie. I’ve done those things, and it never felt right. But I do want power and not for financial reasons.

Labels:

posted by Sickamore @ 10:50 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At Jun 1, 2008, 1:59:00 PM, Blogger Yellow Rebel said…

    I love that last quote by her in the excerpt, the one about power.

     
  • At Jun 2, 2008, 1:52:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You left out the most important part of the article:

    Tyra Banks has 275 smiles.

    Just to name a few: the "surprise smile,” the “angry but still smiling” smile, the “flirting with boyfriend” smile and the “commercial” smile.

    I think the angry but still smiling one is my favorite. ;)

     
  • At Jun 2, 2008, 3:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I luv Tyra <3

    ...and why does every girl with rihanna/lil' mama/tyra type eyes got them 4headz to go with 'em?...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Sickamore
Home: Broooooooooklyn, New York, United States
About Me: 23 Year Old Talent Manager + Ageist. Runs ThankGodImFamous, GoOldHead and The Famous Firm. Overall sarcastic yet nice guy
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Famous Friends


Delivered by FeedBurner







eXTReMe Tracker