Monday, June 16, 2008
Obama Chimes In On NBA Finals


Jimmy Kimmel and Barack Obama talk about the Kobe vs. Celtics series. Transcript:


Jimmy: Have you been watching the NBA Finals?

Obama: I have

Jimmy: I have to ask you who you're rooting for if anyone?

Obama: I just want a good series. I'm a Bulls fan obviously coming from Chicago. I just wanna see good series. I gotta admit I did not anticipate Boston manhandling the Lakers like that

Jimmy: Will your health care plan cover fake injuries like the one Paul Pierce keeps having? Because it seems like something needs to be done about that

Obama: I tell you what, whatever injury he had he should try to get another one because he played great in Game 4

Jimmy: You're big on hope; do the Lakers have any remaining in this series?

Obama: Look Kobe Bryant is the best player in the world and is basically unstoppable when his game is on. But right now the Celtics are playing better team ball. The bench of the Celtics is playing better a lot than the Lakers bench right now which I think a lot of people are surprised by

Jimmy: Are you at all worried Senator that if the Lakers do come back that'll it might encourage Hillary to come back to?



Lol @ the last question

Also, his teammate Al Gore is announcing his support for Young Barack tonight. Make sure you check it out. His endorsement letter is below:
Al Gore


from Al Gore

to Sickamore
date Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:04 PM
subject My endorsement

Dear Friend,

Make a donation A few hours from now I will step on stage in Detroit, Michigan to announce my support for Senator Barack Obama. From now through Election Day, I intend to do whatever I can to make sure he is elected President of the United States.

Over the next four years, we are going to face many difficult challenges -- including bringing our troops home from Iraq, fixing our economy, and solving the climate crisis. Barack Obama is clearly the candidate best able to solve these problems and bring change to America.

This moment and this election are too important to let pass without taking action.

That's why I am asking you to join me in showing your support by making a contribution to this campaign today:

https://donate.barackobama.com/gore

Over the past 18 months, Barack Obama has united a movement. He knows change does not come from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue or Capitol Hill. It begins when people stand up and take action.

With the help of millions of supporters like you, Barack Obama will bring the change we so desperately need in order to solve our country's most pressing problems.

If you've already contributed to this campaign, I ask that you consider making another contribution right now. If you haven't, please take the next step and own a piece of this campaign today:

https://donate.barackobama.com/gore

On the issues that matter most, Barack Obama is clearly the right choice to lead our nation.

We have a lot of work to do in the next few months to elect Barack Obama president, and it begins by making a contribution to this campaign today.

Thank you for joining me,

Al Gore

LIVE TONIGHT -- 8:30 p.m. EDT: Watch streaming video of Al Gore and Barack Obama at a rally in Detroit, Michigan:

Labels: , ,

posted by Sickamore @ 8:00 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Sickamore
Home: Broooooooooklyn, New York, United States
About Me: 23 Year Old Talent Manager + Ageist. Runs ThankGodImFamous, GoOldHead and The Famous Firm. Overall sarcastic yet nice guy
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Famous Friends


Delivered by FeedBurner







eXTReMe Tracker