Thursday, August 7, 2008
Live Blogging XVIBE 15th Aniversary Juice Issue


Its a double sided multi cover issue. So I'll start with the special edition side:

12:24pm: There are 20 pages (!!!) of Rocawear Eveloution ads. Gonna put up one for free. I'm sure some Hova stan will upload all of them. But Rocawear doesn't have any ads here. It's a mix of Jay-Z + Joy Bryant


12:27pm:
Diddy article is a snooze fest. Doesn't say anything you haven't heard before. Harlem this, Bad Boy that, 15 years we won't stop. The end

12:31pm: Tyler Perry article is boring. Maybe Eryah Badu has something more interesting to say. Whoa she's 37?! Go Old Head! Besides that, nothing you don't know already

12:36pm: "I started off break dancing..." -Shaq. I dunno why that's so funny to me


12:50pm: White girl Beyonce on originals, "Those who start the trends and break the mold. There are people who I love, but pure originals? Prince. Madonna. I think Kanye..."


12:59pm: T-Pain + Birdman + Teri Woods + Mara Brock Akil + Ice Cube + Funkmaster Flex + Sway = ZzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZzz

1:03pm: 'What's the key to your track record?' "I don't take any shorts. I don't say "Okay, it's good enough". I try to get exactly what I'm hearing in my head to the tape, and I won't let it move until then. In my opinion, some of the hip hop records that come out, people are willing to compromise. I'm not" -Dr. Dre

1:16pm The power of the C-A-S-S-I


1:24pm Ok. This is starting to get boring. Let's go right to the Jay article


1:36pm: I'm glad Vibe got Elliot Wilson to do the article. Only he would bring up Word To The Jaz


1:44pm: "I have a relationship with Bill Clinton. I'm cool with Bill. We've had multiple conversations. He frequents the restaurant that I own. But immediately, it was no problem for me because at the end of the day, race is more important then gender" = Bros over Hoes


1:55pm NahRight posted up the Jay-Z cover + excerpts as well. They're questioning the legitamicy of live blogging a magazine. But you can live blog anything. Hence Twitter. Thats like LiveBlogging.com

2:00pm "I had no intention to talk about the DeShawn Stevenson thing. I seen him beating the shit out of LeBron, and he really couldn't do nothing. I really wanted to inspire LeBron. I sent him the freestyle. The song wasn't to be released. I sent him the song to get him amped up. I do shit like that" . In that case, the Knicks need a double album.



2:20pm
"Any second guessing went away when Dame was participating in the whole beef with Cam'Ron. Regardless, what we built, is still precious. At the end of the day, there's still a respect in that. No matter what! i'm not going to do certain things or say certain things about Dame. That's out of respect for what we've done. I'm not going to go too far. And I just felt like any participation in that, whether you could stop it or not, if you're in the video or you're on the set or you're involved in that, then I pretty much made the right decision because a person that carries that forever will respect that situation." C'mon Jay. You gotta admit this video is pretty funny


3:07pm: I dunno how much I can take Gravy/Biggie thing. But Faith is looking smashable (no berg)


3:17pm
Shocking! A Obama article. Gonna read this one on the run. See if there's anything worth quoting

Labels:

posted by Sickamore @ 12:09 PM  
18 Comments:
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 1:17:00 PM, Blogger The Nerd At The Cool Table said…

    Only u can do a live blog about reading a magazine....hahahaha...

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 1:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 1:29:00 PM, Blogger The Nerd At The Cool Table said…

    ^^^^Damn.

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 1:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That label kills me every time! It reminds me of family get-togethers.

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 2:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So you do read Vibe...

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 2:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    12:27pm: Diddy article is a snooze fest. Doesn't say anything you haven't heard before. Harlem this, Bad Boy that, 15 years we won't stop. The end

    ^ *dead* sick

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 3:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Idk Sick...this Biggie Movie Better Be a Good One...with all this hype around it, it better be good? What You Think Sick?

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 5:30:00 PM, Blogger Sickamore said…

    I'm from Brooklyn so I'm crazy skeptical....but with all those authentic people on set, its hard to go wrong

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 5:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The whole cast couldnt have been better casted. Gravy got big down to a tee... antonique looks exactly like faith, and naturi is kinda scary how well she sound like old school kim when she flowin.

    But to tell you the honest truth, when i was on set, I saw the scene being shot in front of that famous retaurant BIG always used to go to in brooklyn. It was a scene with BIG and lil Kim... the acting was questionable. It just sounded kinda fake. But, you neva know. They could polish it up and make it good for the movie... or it may sound different on the big screen than it do live. we will see!!

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 5:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    True I Digz that. Its gonna be a big film most Def. I just don't wanna be let down on such a big name and hype. We'll see though

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 5:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    True I Digz that. Its gonna be a big film most Def. I just don't wanna be let down on such a big name and hype. We'll see though

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 5:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    True I Digz that. Its gonna be a big film most Def. I just don't wanna be let down on such a big name and hype. We'll see though

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 6:25:00 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    The script for the B.I.G. movie was eh...

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 9:54:00 PM, Blogger Brand New Bulb said…

    "In that case, the Knicks need a double album."
    Best blog line of the year...LMAO

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 10:50:00 PM, Blogger Phella said…

    Yung Berg edited the Beyonce pic

    Jigga seems to get fresher with age..quadruple pause

    New New>Cassie

    Jay Newz + an extra 40 pounds would have made an excellent Notorious

     
  • At Aug 7, 2008, 11:22:00 PM, Blogger it doesnt matter who said…

    u know why im commenting right.
    say something about my god father...lolz
    &
    LMAO@phella re: young berg comment.

     
  • At Aug 10, 2008, 8:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that magazine in stores already?
    Please answer me back!:D

     
  • At Aug 12, 2008, 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Orange said…

    <--is put on game

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Sickamore
Home: Broooooooooklyn, New York, United States
About Me: 23 Year Old Talent Manager + Ageist. Runs ThankGodImFamous, GoOldHead and The Famous Firm. Overall sarcastic yet nice guy
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Famous Friends


Delivered by FeedBurner







eXTReMe Tracker